Saturday, November 10, 2012

This Was Hilarious

The joke was on me!

When we lived in Brazil, we occasionally encountered bats. They were in some of the houses, attics, dark closets and yards at dusk. It was never very pleasant to be dive bombed by a bat. There were so many bats in some of the houses that occasionally our young teen boys were hired to shoot some of them. They had fun doing that.

One day I was standing in my living room and all of a sudden I felt something in my hair. My immediate thought was that it was a bat and that it had gotten tangled in my hair. I frantically thrashed my hands, jumped around in circles, screamed and yelled and generally carried on something fierce. My husband happened to be nearby and came to my rescue. Once I settled down, he helped me get the masking tape out of my hair. I had completely forgotten that he had tacked a piece of masking tape to the ceiling a couple of days earlier - to trap flies. Ended up trapping me instead.

I still chuckle when I think of how hilariously funny I must have looked! I felt pretty silly. But in all honesty, getting a bat tangled in my hair was one of my biggest fears.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Thanks for taking the time to add your voice to the conversation.