Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Conversation with My Doctor

I have had a number of very unhelpful conversations with doctors over the years. One conversation in particular caused me intense grief and suffering. In my opinion, I could have sued that doctor and probably won the case. I'm not at liberty to divulge details as they are very personal, but suffice it to say, that if I had not had strong faith in Jesus Christ and implicit trust in my husband, it was something that could have destroyed me, my marriage and my family. Fortunately, it served to draw us all closer together instead.

On another occasion (in Brazil,) a doctor engaged in some very unprofessional actions making me decide that I was never again going to a doctor's appointment with a male doctor without my husband or a friend with me - in the examining room.

Perhaps, this gives a little insight into why I prefer to let food and supplements be my medicine, leaving doctors to deal with accidents and emergencies only! At least that's what works best for me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Thanks for taking the time to add your voice to the conversation.